Each fast and festival has a different significance in Hinduism. One of these fasts and festivals is the fast of Pradosh. The fast of Pradosh falls on the Tradyodashi tithi of Krishna Paksha and Shukla Paksha every month. It has a special significance among Hindus. It is believed that during the fast, Lord Shiva is worshipped with full devotion and observing a fast can fulfil all your wishes.
Although each Pradosh fast has its own importance but Trayodashi Tithi ok Krishna Paksha of Falgun month has a different significance because Maha Shivratri falls on the second day of this fast i.e. Chaturdashi Tithi.
It is believed that whoever worships Lord Shiva along with maa Parvati with full devotion and observes a fast on Falgun Pradosh Fast, then he will get freedom from all his sins and get rid of sufferings. Let us know from astrologer and Vastu expert Dr. Aarti Dahiya when is the Trayodashi date of the month of Falgun this year and how it will be fruitful to observe Pradosh fast.
Falgun Pradosh Fast 2022 Date
Trayodashi tithi of Krishna Paksha of Falgun month will fall on Monday, February 28 this year. Therefore, Pradoshfast will be observed on this day. Since this time Pradosh fast will fall on Monday, therefore, it is even more significant. It is believed that if the Falgun Pradosh fast falls on Monday, then its importance increases as Monday is dedicated to Lord Shiva and worshipping Shiva on this day is particularly fruitful.
Auspicious Time Of Falgun Pradosh Fast 2022
- Pradosh fast starts in the month of Falgun on 28 February, Monday at 5:42 am.
- Pradosh fast ends on March 1, Tuesday at 3:16 am.
- After Trayodashi ends on March 1, Chaturdashi tithi will start.
- Since Trayodashi tithi is on 28th February in udayatithi, therefore, keeping Pradosh fast on this day will be fruitful.
- Auspicious time for worship of Som Pradosh fast starts from 6:20 pm to 8:49 pm.
- On this day, the Pradosh period will last for about two and a half hours, so worshipping at this time will be fruitful.
- Sarvartha Siddhi Yoga
- The first fast of the month of Falgun will fall in Sarvartha Siddhi Yoga.
- Sarvartha Siddhi Yoga will start from 7:02 am on this day and will continue till 5:19 am on the next day i.e. 1st march.
- It is believed that the person who observes Soma Pradosh Fast gets all his wishes fulfiled.
Significance Of Falgun Som Pradosh Fast
It is believed that a person who observes Pradosh fast in the month of Phalgun and observes fast, all his wishes will be fulfilled. It is believed that if a childless couple observes a Pradosh fast on this day, then their desire to have a child will be fulfilled.
According to the Puranas, by observing a fast on this day and worshipping Lord Shiva along with Goddess Parvati, you will be free from all your sufferings and all your wishes will be fulfilled.
How To Worship Lord Shiva On Som Pradosh Fast
- If you are observing a fast on this day, then wake up early in the morning, take a bath and then, wear clean clothes.
- Clean the temple in your house thoroughly and bathe all the deities and put on clean clothes.
- Take a bath and worship Shiva idol.
- Follow Falahar fast for the whole day and worship Lord Shiva again during the Pradosh period.
- Worship Lord Shiva with bel leaves, flowers, fruits of datura, etc.
- Worshipping Goddess Parvati along with Lord Shiva will be extremely fruitful.
- Recite Shiv Chalisa on this day.
- Apply vermilion to Goddess Parvati and sandalwood to Shiva.
- After worshipping Shiva Parvati, recite Pradosh Vrat Katha and narrate the story.
- Perform aarti and worship Lord Shiva by lighting the lamp.
- Offer bhog to Lord Shiva and take the same bhog as prasad. Feed the prasad to all your family members.
Astrologer & Vastu Expert’s Opinion
Dr. Aarti Dahiya says that this fast is mainly done for the fulfilment of wishes. This fast is quite beneficial for those who wish to get children, desire to get money and want to complete any stalled work such as success in job and promotion. Worshipping Lord Shiva during Pradosh Kaal on this day i.e. about 45 minutes before the night is quite beneficial.
In this way, a person who worships Lord Shiva during Pradosh Fast gets all his wishes fulfilled and gets freedom from all his sins.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com