When it comes to the first meal of the day, breakfast, we all want recipes that are easy and instant. There is nothing like making homemade chillas for breakfast. They can be prepared quickly with a few ingredients and can even be packed for lunch.
So, today, we thought of bringing you a simple, atta or whole wheat flour chilla recipe. You can prepare it vegetables of your choice, children enjoy it too! This one is super healthy and filling.
How To Make Whole Wheat Chilla?
- In a bowl, add whole wheat flour or atta.
- Add all the spices - salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, ginger paste as per taste.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now add water slowly to make a smooth batter. Make sure the batter is not very thin.
- Add vegetables of your choice, some good options can be tomatoes, onions, capsicum, carrot.
- Add coriander leaves and green chilli. Mix well.
- On a hot tawa, spread some ghee and pour batter using a ladle.
- Cook on both the sides. Use ghee/oil as required.
- Take off flame once the chilla is crispy and golden.
- Serve hot with homemade chutney or tomato ketchup.
Whole Wheat Chilla Recipe Card
This homemade whole wheat chilla can also be enjoyed for lunch or evening snack.
- Total Time :
- 30 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 2 Bowl Whole Wheat Flour Or Atta
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Capsicum
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Tomato
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- Green Chillies As Per Taste
- 2-3 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Salt As Per Taste
- Black Pepper Powder As Per Taste
- Red Chilli Powder As Per Taste
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger Paste
- Step 1
- In a bowl, add whole wheat flour and all the spices.
- Step 2
- Add in ginger paste, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Step 3
- Next add water to make a thick flowing batter.
- Step 4
- On a hot tawa, add some ghee and pour the batter.
- Step 5
- Cook from both the sides until gold and crisp.
- Step 6
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or chutney.