Having vegetables and different sabzis is not fun after a while for many. But what if they could be made into something delicious and presentable as well? Kids run away from your typical dishes but you can make food fun for all with a few twists in the recipes. Here are three innovative chef special recipes to make cooking fun.
Make the most of seasonal vegetables with these recipes curated by Chef Sumit Sethi from Crowne Plaza New Delhi Okhla.
- 2 Whole Karela/Bitter Gourd
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp of chopped onion
- 1 Tsp garlic
- 1 Tsp ginger chopped
- 1 Tsp green chilli chopped
- 2 boiled mashed potatoes
- ½ Tsp whole jeera
- >½ Tsp whole Dhaniya
- frac12; Tsp haldi
- ½ Tsp red chilli powder
- 1 Tsp saunf crushed
- 1 Tbsp green coriander
- 1 Tbsp fried Karela skin
- Pick the Karela/Bitter Gourds, peel it and scoop it for the stuffing.
- Marinate the Karela with salt and oil.
- Let it rest for 5 mins.
- Fry both the Karelas.
- For stuffing, pre heat the pan, add oil, jeera, ginger and garlic.
- Saute It for 5 mins until the ginger and garlic turns golden brown.
- Add onion and green chilies and saute it for 5-8 mins.
- Add all the spices followed by potatoes, coriander and fried Karela skin.
- Stuff the karelas and plate it with a makhani curry for new avatar.
- 1 Bottle Gourd
- 1 Ltr Water
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Onion
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Celery
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Carrot
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Leaks
- 1 Tsp Garlic
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Basil
- 200 Gm Ricotta
For Curry Sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Yellow Butter
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- 2 Tbsp Cooking Cream
- Take the whole bottle guard, peel it and scoop it
- Boil it for 15 to 20 min, add salt while it is boiling
- Next, take a preheated pan and add olive oil and chopped garlic and sauté for 2 min
- Add onion, celery, leeks and carrots and again sauté the mix for 5 min
- Add ricotta cheese and salt, black pepper and chopped basil and mix it properly for stuffing.
- Stuff the gourd with the ricotta stuffing and cut the Lauki/bottle guard into 4 pieces
- For curry sauce take preheated pan and add butter followed by curry powder and cooking cream
- Plate as shown the photograph.
Thai Green Curry
Green Curry Paste
- 5 Stalks Lemongrass
- 3 Green Chillies chopped
- 1/4 cup Coriander chopped
- 3 sprig Basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp Coriander whole roasted
- 1 Tsp Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Spring Onion (Bulb & Greens) , roughly chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- Salt to taste
For Thai Curry
- 400 ml Coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 Carrot
- 2 finger eggplants
- 1/2 Green zucchini, yellow zucchini
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 4 no mushrooms
- 1 sprig Basil leaves, or kaffir lime leaves
- Salt to taste
- Pick up the lemongrass, trim away the root section of each of them.
- For Thai Curry Paste, add all the ingredients in a blender and grind it along with little water to make a smooth paste.
- For the curry, heat a teaspoon of oil in a heavy wok.
- Add the veggies such as carrots, zucchini, broccoli and bell pepper.
- Add in some salt and stir fry the vegetables.
- Add a teaspoon of oil into the hot wok followed by 2 to 3 tablespoons of the Thai curry paste.
- Saute for a few seconds followed by a cup of water.
- Add coconut milk in the curry and stir it so that all the ingredients are combined.
- Add salt to taste and allow the mixture to thicken a little and come to a boil
- Add torn basil leaves let it cook for some time
- Vegetable Thai Curry is ready to be served
Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such recipes.