Make this delicious salami snack recipe shared by Prasuma at home in an hour and serve them on a cheese board with some fig jam and you are good to go!
Salami Pinwheels Recipe Card
Serve these pinwheels on a cheeseboard with a small pot of fig jam—the figgy sweetness goes so nicely with the savory salami.
- Total Time :
- 60 min
- Preparation Time :
- 40 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Kishori Sud
- 1 (510 gms) package frozen puff pastry sheets defrosted
- 1 (112 gms) package Prasuma Salami finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1
- Take one sheet at a time and lightly roll out the puff pastries.
- Step 2
- On each sheet you have sprinkle half of the salami and parmesan evenly.
- Step 3
- With the long side facing you, just roll up the pastry into a spiral but keep it tight.
- Step 4
- Get that wax paper out and wrap tightly in it and then in plastic wrap until ready to bake.
- Step 5
- Do not forget to remove the pastry rolls about 15 minutes before to baking, so that they become soften enough to cut.
- Step 6
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and then line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Step 7
- Next, cut each pastry roll into ¼-inch-thick slices and place them on the baking sheets.
- Step 8
- Brush all the tops of the spirals with the egg and sprinkle a bit of black pepper (crushed).
- Step 9
- Bake till the spirals turn golden brown and crisp which would take around 15 to 18 minutes.
- Step 10
- Serve warm or room temperature.