This amazingly healthy and tasty dish is a must-try since it is easy to make tastes like heaven! So, if you are done with making the same old dishes for dinner or lunch, then try this recipe given below that has been shared by Chef Kaviraj Khialani.
Kaviraj Khaialani is a celebrity Masterchef, food designer, food writer, author, consultant, and creative cuisine specialist with varied experience in hotels and airlines. So, let's take a look at the recipe of soya wadi and mattar pulao.
- Prepare all the ingredients for the pulao.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan add in the whole spices and shahi jeera followed by chilies, onions and ginger-garlic, saute well for 3-4 mins.
- Add little water as needed to make it all soft, add in the tomatoes and salt, ajwain or saunf, kasuri methi all the masalas and mix well.
- Add in the drained soaked soya wadis, peas, and drained soaked rice and bhunao everything well for 2 mins, add water and mix, simmer and cook in steam until the rice gets cooked and absorbs all the flavors and liquid, serve hot garnished with coriander leaves and add a dash of fresh lime juice while eating.
Soya Wadi - Mattar Pulao Recipe Card
This amazing dish prepared with a hint of green peas, exotic flavours and soya wadi
is something you would love to munch on. The recipe has been shared by Masterchef
Kaviraj Khailani and you must go ahead and try it.
- Total Time :
- 25 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 15 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Main Course
- Poornima Pandey
- 100g Soya Wadis (Soaked In Warm Water For 12-15 Mins)
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas
- 2 Teaspoon Oil
- 2 Teaspoon Ghee
- 2 Pieces Green Reen Or Black Cardamom
- 1-2 Bay Leave
- 1 Navitri
- 1/2 Teaspoon Shahi Jeera
- 2 Dry Red Chilies Not Split
- 1 Teaspoon Green Chilies
- 1 Cup Sliced Onion
- 1 Cup Tomatoes Chopped
- 2 Teaspoon Chopped Mix Ginger-Garlic
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Saunf Or Ajwain
- 1 Teaspoon Kasuri Methi
- 1 1/2 Cups Basmati Rice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 4 1/2 Cups Water
- 2 Tablespoon Coriander Chopped
- 2 Teaspoon Lime Juice
- Step 1
- In a pan, heat ghee and add the whole spices along with chilli onions and ginger garlic.
- Step 2
- After frying this for about 4 minutes, add water to soften everything and also, put
in tomatoes, salt, ajwain/saunf, kasuri methi, and all the masalas.
- Step 3
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Step 4
- Finally, proceed with the dish by adding drained soaked soya wadis, peas and drained
soaked rice, to the pan.
- Step 5
- Let this cook for 2 minutes then add water and let it all simmer till all the liquid
gets absorbed. Give an occasional stir to the pulao.
- Step 6
- Serve hot after garnishing with coriander leaves and a dash of lime!