Whether it’s an auspicious occasion at home, a party or you are just craving to have something sweet, there is nothing that can beat the traditional and healthy sooji ka halwa. However, there are various ways to make this delicious dessert but the one with gulkand flavor stands out in its variations. The flavors and aroma of desi ghee, sooji, and gulkand together can make anyone’s mouth water. This is one of the most trending recipes of the current times which can be prepared easily at home.
How To Make Sooji Gulkand Halwa?
- Start with taking a pan and heating the ghee in it.
- Now add the semolina to the ghee and sauté it for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Make sure you are stirring the semolina so that it does not get burnt.
- Once the semolina has slightly changed the color then slowly add the water to it.
- In another cup mix the milk and gulkand and add it to the semolina as well
- At this point, add sugar, cardamom and mix it well now put a lid on the pan and let it cook for few minutes on low flame
- On another pan, put some ghee and slightly toss the dry fruits in it on low flame
- Remove the lid from the pan and transfer the dry fruits to the cooked halwa and add kesar from the top.
- Your sooji gulkand halwa is ready!
Sooji Gulkand Halwa Recipe Card
This a perfect dish for all the special occasions and after meal desserts.
- Total Time :
- 20 min
- Preparation Time :
- 5 min
- Cooking Time :
- 15 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Archana Kasana
- Semolina 1 Cup
- Water 1 Cup
- Milk 1 Cup
- Gulkand Or Rose Essence 1tsp
- Sugar 2-3 tbsp Or According To Your Taste
- 3 tbsp Ghee For Roasting Semolina
- 2 tbsp Ghee For Roasting Dry Fruits
- 2 Peeled Green Cardamoms
- 1 tbsp Chopped Almonds
- And Raisins
- Step 1
- Heat the ghee in a pan and roast semolina
- Step 2
- Add water to the roasted semolina
- Step 3
- Add milk and gulkand to the semolina and let it cook for 5mins
- Step 4
- Add sugar and cardamom to the semolina and mix well
- Step 5
- Add chopped dry fruits and Kesar to the semolina
- Step 6
- Transfer it to a bowl and serve hot.