Shalgam or turnip is one of the most loved winter root vegetables. There are different ways we like to consume shalgam or turnip during the winter season. If you are hunting shalgam recipes then these shalgam parathas are a must-try!
Shalgam parathas taste delicious and are wholesome, just perfect for breakfast. They can be relished as is, with raita or pickle.
How To Make Shalgam Paratha?
- In a big bowl, add whole wheat flour, salt, and oil.
- Add in water as required and knead into a dough.
- Cover the bowl and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- In a pan, add some oil, cumin seeds, and asafoetida. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add in ginger and other dry spices. Saute.
- Add grated turnip or shalgam and dry mint.
- Combine all the ingredients. Let the mixture cool.
- Take out a small portion from the dough and roll into the shape of a paratha.
- Add in the shalgam mixture in the center.
- Seal all the edges.
- On a tawa, place the stuffed paratha.
- Cook on both the sides till the paratha turns golden and crisp.
- Serve hot turnip parathas with curd or pickle.
Shalgam Paratha Recipe Card
These tasty shalgam parathas are healthy and delicious!
- Total Time :
- 40 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 30 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 1-2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Oil To Knead
- Water To Knead Dough
- Pinch Of Salt
- 2-3 Grated Shalgam
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Grated Ginger
- Pinch Of Asafoetida
- 1 Tbsp Dry
- Crushed Mint
- Oil As Required
- Step 1
- In a bowl, add whole wheat flour, oil and pinch of salt. Add in water and knead into a dough.
- Step 2
- In a pan, add some oil, cumin seeds, asafoetida and other dry spices.
- Step 3
- Add in grated turnip. Combine all the ingredients. Let the mix cool.
- Step 4
- Roll a paratha and add stuffing mixture. Seal all the edges.
- Step 5
- Place the paratha on a tawa. Cook on both sides till golden.
- Step 6
- Take off flame and serve with pickle or curd.