Enjoy extra creamy and curried kale chickpeas, a dish that is prepared in very little time and provides super scrumptious flavours to treat your taste buds.
Here's a super easy recipe to take a look at :
1. Take a deep pan add oil and cook your onions in it for about 4-5 minutes. Next add garlic, ginger, cumin to this and cook for 1 more minute while stirring it constantly.
2. Bring the flame of the gas to medium and put in the kale and vegetable broth in the pan and then cook the kale after covering the lid of the pan and let it simmer for about 5 minutes and keep stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, add the milk, yeast, cashews, and tomato paste in a blender and then blend it well to make a fine and smooth puree.
4. Pour the puree into the pan and stir well while allowing it to simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste. Finally, stir in chickpeas and let it cook for 12 minutes on medium flame serve with basmati rice.
Creamy Kale And Chickpeas Recipe Card
Kale and chickpeas is one of the most delicious dishes that you can try with basmati rice, plus it comes with the healthful benefits of chickpeas and kale so, here's how you can try it out.
- Total Time :
- 35 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 25 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Poornima Pandey
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 Teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 8 cups Chopped Kale
- 1/2 Cup Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Soymilk
- 1/4 Cup Raw Cashews
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 (30-Ounce) Cans Chickpeas Drained
- Salt To Taste
- Step 1
- In a deep pan, cook the onions for 5 minutes.
- Step 2
- Add the garlic, ginger and cumin and cook for 1 more minute.
- Step 3
- Next add the vegetable broth and kale to this, cover with lid and let it cook for 5 minutes, while you stir occasionally.
- Step 4
- Meanwhile, blend milk, yeast, tomato paste and cashews into a smooth puree and add it to the pan.
- Step 5
- Mix and let it simmer for a while. Add salt to taste and finally add chickpeas.
- Step 6
- Cook for another 12 minutes and serve with basmati rice.