Prepare Moong Dal Halwa This Festive Season With An Easy Recipe
By Tanya Malik23 Oct 2018, 16:54 IST
Festive season is here and what better than celebrating it with some sweets. All the festivals also mark the beginning of winter season. One of the most loved sweet dishes during this time is moong dal halwa. Moong dal halwa is super delicious and who doesn’t love binging on it? This festive season you don’t have to reach a restaurant to relish this delicious Indian dessert. Now you can prepare it easily at home with this easy recipe.
Ingredients for Moong Dal Halwa:
- Split green gram (dhuli moong dal) soaked and ground to a coarse paste 1 cup
- Ghee 1 cup
- Milk 1 1/2 cups
- Saffron milk (kesar) 2 tbsp
- Sugar 1 cup
- Almonds cut into slivers 10-12
- Cardamom powder
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add moong dal paste, lower heat and cook well.
- Sauté, stirring continuously, till golden brown or for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat ½ cup milk in another non-stick pan. Add a generous pinch of saffron and mix well for 1 minute. Switch off heat.
- Heat sugar and 1 cup water in another non-stick pan. Cook till sugar dissolves completely.
- Add saffron milk to moong dal paste and mix well. Keep stirring.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, and almonds.
- Mix well, cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring once a while.
- Switch off heat and transfer to a serving dish.