Pommes gratin is basically a very easy-to-make recipe prepared with potatoes, cheese and other ingredients' amalgamation. It is perhaps the best choice of dish that you can prepare for a weekend brunch with friends and family at home. Check out the recipe below.
- Take a pan and mic 3 teaspoons of butter with 1 1/2 cup cream.
- Next add the rest of the ingredients including thyme, garlic, salt, pepper, and nutmeg powder. Let the cream reduce a little.
- Afterward, add the peeled and sliced potatoes and 3 tablespoons of either cheddar or gruyere. Most probably the cream with be reduced to a thicker coat over the potatoes by now.
- Next transfer the ingredients of the gratin to a ramekin or a baking dish and then add the leftover butter along with cheese over its top layer.
- Finally, bake this gratin till the cheese on the top gets golden brown.
- Remove from dish and serve hot!
Pommes Gratin Recipe Card
Enjoy the captivating French cuisingme with the flavours of thyme, pepper, cheese and more in this easy to make pommes gratin.
- Total Time :
- 35 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 25 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Poornima Pandey
- 3 Teaspoons + 3 Teaspoons Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup Cream
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic Bashed
- Salt To Taste
- Pepper To Taste
- A Pinch Nutmeg Powder
- 4 Potatoes (Peeled And Sliced Thinly)
- 6 Tablespoons Grated Cheese
- Step 1
- Mix half the butter with the cream in a pan.
- Step 2
- Add thyme, salt, pepper and nutmeg powder.
- Step 3
- Then combine with potatoes and cheese and let the cream get reduced.
- Step 4
- Top with the rest of butter and cheese and bake till golden brown.
- Step 5
- Serve hot!