Often we have cravings for some unhealthy food especially the "Chin-jabi" food (Chinese food made in Punjabi style), but ordering in is not always healthy or good for the pocket. So to help you deal with these cravings, here is a recipe of paneer Manchurian which can be made easily at home in a hygienic kitchen.
How To Make Paneer Manchurian
- Make a batter using the ingredients listed and make sure you have cut the paneer into desired size cubes.
- Just like pakoras, dip and coat the paneer in the batter and then fry until they turn golden brown.
- Next, cook the gravy with the addition of cornflour mixed in water.
- Add in the paneer and cook it in the gravy after the sauce thickens so that the pieces soak in the flavour.
- Serve hot with homemade Hakka noodles or boiled rice.
Paneer Manchurian Recipe Card
This restaurant style paneer manchurian will quench that craving in a healthier way.
- Total Time :
- 70 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 60 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Main Course
- Kishori Sud
- 1 Cup Maida
- 4 Pinches Of Ajinomoto
- 3 Tbsp Cornflour
- 3 Chopped Green Chillies
- 7 Tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 3 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- 12 Finely Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 400 Gm Cubed Paneer
- Oil For Frying
- Oil For Frying
- 4 Tbsp Chopped Spring Onions
- Step 1
- Marinate the paneer in 4 tsp ginger garlic paste and set aside.
- Step 2
- Make a batter in a bowl by mixing in maida, cornflour, paste and salt, with a little water.
- Step 3
- Dip the paneer in the batter and fry until golden.
- Step 4
- In the same pan, add spring onions, soya sauce, green chillies, salt, ajinomoto, paneer and 3 cups of water. Put it on simmer.
- Step 5
- In a bowl, mix 5 teaspoons of cornflour in 1 cup of water and mix.
- Step 6
- Now add the mix to the pan and cook to make a thick sauce. Serve hot.