Methi or fenugreek is one of the most loved winter vegetables. This healthy vegetable is rich in vitamins A, C, folic acid, calcium, iron among other nutrients.
Right from treating heart-related issues to digestive disorders, methi has numerous benefits. For all its amazing health benefits, one must add methi to their diet but if you have family members who dislike its taste then here are some easy and tasty snacks you can prepare using this vegetable and make it a part of their diet.
Nothing like having a crunchy snack with your cup of tea or coffee. This methi puri is a tasty snack that is enjoyed by all.
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Methi Leaves
- Oil For Cooking
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Semolina
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt To Taste
- Water As Required
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, semolina, sesame seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, methi leaves, salt as per taste. Mix well.
- Keep adding water as required and cover it, keep for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small shape balls. Roll out small circles. Using a fork, prick the puris.
- In a kadhai, add cooking oil and deep fry puris in it till golden and crisp.
- Place on an oil-absorbing sheet and store in an airtight container. These can be stored for 10-15 days.
On days when you are craving a tasty but healthy snack, this methi tikki can be your go-to option.
- 1 Cup Methi Leaves
- 1 Cup Mashed Potato
- 2 Cup Sweet Corn
- 4 Tbsp Rice Flour
- 4 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Oil As Required
- Salt And Other Spices As Required
- Pressure cook and boil the frozen corn. Strain and keep aside.
- In a big bowl, add methi leaves, coriander leaves, boiled sweet corn, and mashed potatoes.
- Make small tikkis from the dough and keep them aside.
- On a non-stick pan, add some oil and gently place round tikkis. Cook both sides till golden and crisp.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
Crispy methi bhajiya can be enjoyed just anytime, be it breakfast or for evening snacks.
- 1/4 Cup Methi Leaves
- 3/4 Cup Besan
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Green Chilli
- 2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Oil As Required
- Pinch Of Turmeric Powder
- Pinch Of Asafoetida
- Pinch Of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Chopped Ginger
- Salt As Required
- Oil For Frying
- In a bowl, add methi leaves, chopped onions, chopped green chilli, and ginger.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder, turmeric, asafoetida, baking soda, salt, and milk.
- Next, add besan or gram flour and water. Combine all ingredients well to make a batter.
- In a kadhai add oil and when it's hot, using spoons drop the pakoda batter.
- Once the bhajiya is golden and crisp, take it out on a kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or homemade chutney.
These snacks turn out to be delicious and are an easy way to incorporate methi into your everyday diet. Do try these easy recipes and share your experiences with us. For more such easy recipes, stay tuned!