Fox nuts or makhanas are one of the most loved snacks these days. They are not only tasty but highly nutritious too. However, if you are bored having the regular roasted makhanas at home then you can try this easy snack recipe.
A bowl of makhana chaat can be your evening treat with a cup of hot tea or coffee. All you need to make this tasty chaat at home are some common ingredients like curd, onion, tomato, corn among others.
How To Make Makhana Chaat?
- In a kadhai, add some ghee and fox nuts. Roast for 5-10 minutes till they get crispy.
- Transfer to a bowl and add chopped onions, tomatoes, and boiled corns.
- In a bowl, add curd and sugar. Mix well.
- Transfer makhana mix to this bowl.
- Top with salt, black pepper, red chilli powder, cumin powder, chaat masala and mix well.
- Add some homemade coriander and mint chutney.
- Garnish with sev and chopped coriander leaves. Serve.
Makhana Chaat Recipe Card
This delicious makhana chaat can be enjoyed just anytime. It is so easy to make!
- Total Time :
- 20 min
- Preparation Time :
- 5 min
- Cooking Time :
- 15 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 2 Cup Makhana Or Foxnuts
- Ghee As Required
- 2-3 Tbsp Coriander Mint Chutney
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Chopped Tomato
- 1/2 Cup Boiled Corn
- 1 Tbsp Tamarind Chutney (Optional)
- 2 Cup Curd
- Sugar As Per Taste
- Salt As Per Taste
- Chat Masala As Required
- Red Chilli Powder As Required
- Black Pepper As Per Taste
- 1/2 Cup Sev
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Step 1
- In a pan, add some ghee and makhanas. Roast till crisp.
- Step 2
- In a bowl, mix curd and sugar. Add roasted makhanas to the bowl.
- Step 3
- Add in onion, tomato and boiled corn.
- Step 4
- Sprinkle all the spices and mix well.
- Step 5
- Top with sev, chutney and chopped coriander leaves. Serve.