If you are fasting this Mahashivratri and looking for an easy vrat recipe then you have landed on the right page. It can get a little difficult to make vrat ka khaana at home as the food choices are limited and many avoid eating some vegetables and spices too.
We are sharing with you an easy vrat ka raita recipe that requires just a few ingredients. It is easy to make and is very filling as you fast all day long.
How To Make Shivratri Special Sweet Potato Raita?
- Begin with washing and then boiling sweet potatoes and potatoes.
- Peel the sweet potato and then cut it into small pieces.
- Next, peel the cucumber and chop it into small pieces.
- In a big bowl, transfer the curd.
- Add sweet potato, potato pieces, and chopped cucumber to the bowl and mix.
- Sprinkle salt, red chilli powder, roasted jeera or cumin powder, peanuts, sugar, and mix again.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, some cumin powder, and enjoy! You can also prepare a tempering using mustard seeds and ghee and add it to the curd bowl if you like.
Sweet Potato Raita Recipe Card
This recipe can also be enjoyed on days you are just craving for a delicious and filling bowl of raita.
- Total Time :
- 20 min
- Preparation Time :
- 5 min
- Cooking Time :
- 15 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 1 Potato
- 3 Cups Curd
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves
- 1 Sweet Potato
- Cumin Powder As Per Taste
- Salt As Required
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Roasted Peanuts
- Red Chilli Powder As Required
- Step 1
- Boil potato and sweet potato. Cut into small pieces as per preference and keep aside.
- Step 2
- Peel cucumber and chop into small pieces.
- Step 3
- In a big bowl, add curd.
- Step 4
- Add potato, sweet potato and cucumber. Mix well.
- Step 5
- Next sprinkle all the spices and mix again.
- Step 6
- Add coriander leaves and roasted peanuts.
- Step 7
- Also add in sugar and mix again.
- Step 8
- Garnish with coriander leaves and cumin powder.