With Mahashivratri just a few days away, preparations might have begun at your end. Instead of making the same simple prasad every time, why don't you try making Singhare ka halwa which is not very complicated either?
How To Make
- All you have to do is roast the water chestnut or singhara flour and then add water to make the halwa consistency.
- Add sugar as per taste and stir continuously.
- Sprinkle some cardamom powder and nuts, serve.
Singhare Ka Halwa Recipe Card
Prepare yummy singhare ka halwa which is healthier and tasty.
- Total Time :
- 15 min
- Preparation Time :
- 5 min
- Cooking Time :
- 10 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Kishori Sud
- 2 Cups Singhara Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 Tbsp Slivers Of Almonds & Pistachios Each
- Step 1
- In a non-stick pan, heat the ghee and then add in the flour to roast it well. Keep the flame low so as not to burn the flour. Let it become light brown in colour while you are stirring continuously.
- Step 2
- Now, add in the water slowly and keep mixing to avoid lumps and cook on slow flame until the water gets absorbed.
- Step 3
- Next, add sugar and mix well. Cook until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Step 4
- Switch off the flame and sprinkle the nuts as garnishing then serve.