Pickles can instantly add to the flavour of your regular meals. No? But, nothing like homemade pickles. Remember how our grandmothers used to prepare delicious pickles at home, especially during the winter season.
Well, today, no one has that amount of time to make pickles at home and this is why most people prefer buying it from the market. However, here I have an instant carrot and cauliflower pickle recipe for you which turns out to be delicious.
How To Make Instant Carrot And Cauliflower Pickle?
- Begin with washing carrots and cauliflower. Cut carrot into small pieces and separate the cauliflower florets.
- Either take ginger and garlic paste or coarsely ground ginger and garlic and then use.
- In a pan, ginger, and garlic, and saute till they change colour.
- Next add mustard seeds powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder to it and mix well.
- Add jaggery and salt and mix again.
- Add in carrots and cauliflower and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Take the pan off flame and let the mix cool. Pour in the vinegar and stir well.
- Store the pickle in a clean container. This pickle can be consumed for 1 year.
Instant Carrot And Cauliflower Pickle Recipe Card
This delicious pickle is ready is just a few minutes and it tastes delicious with parathas.
- Total Time :
- 30 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 500 Gram Carrots
- 500 Gram Cauliflower
- 12 Tbsp Mustard Oil
- 6 Tbsp Ginger Paste
- 4 Tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Mustard Seeds (Powdered)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Cup Grated Jaggery
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Malt Vinegar
- Step 1
- In a non-stick pan, add ginger and garlic paste and saute. You can also add fresh coarsely ground ginger and garlic. Saute for a few minutes.
- Step 2
- Next add mustard seeds, red chilli powder and garam masala. Saute for a few seconds.
- Step 3
- Add grated jaggery and salt. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Step 4
- Now add all the vegetables in the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Step 5
- Take off the flame and let it cool. Add in vinegar and mix well.
- Step 6
- In a clean container, transfer the pickle. This can be kept for one year.