Bhapa Doi is a Bengali delicacy that is prepared by steaming or baking yogurt to make a sweet and scrumptious pudding. Here's our simple recipe for making the perfect Bhapa Doi.
Bhapa Doi Recipe Card
Originating from the lands of Bengal, this savoury Indian dessert is super delicious, creamy and very easy to prepare.
- Total Time :
- 30 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Poornima Pandey
- 2 Cups Yogurt
- 1/4 Tablespoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 Cup Condensed Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Saffron Powder
- Step 1
- Sieve out the water from the yogurt by tying the yogurt inside a cloth tightly and refrigerating it.
- Step 2
- After 2 hours, take the yogurt in a bowl and then mix it well with the condensed milk, using a whisker.
- Step 3
- Now add cardamom powder and saffron milk to this mixture and blend in well.
- Step 4
- Grease a bowl with butter, while making sure that no portion is left out.
- Step 5
- Next, pour the yogurt mixture in the bowl and add some nuts to it.
- Step 6
- Cover the bowl with a foil sheet and place it in the steamer for 20 minutes.
- Step 7
- Afterwards, cool it down at room temperature and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 8
- Top it up with saffron and pistachios and there you go! Serve this dish after lunch/dinner to get lost in its deliciously creamy taste.