Eating hot and delicious parathas with pickles and curd is one of the most delightful ways to enjoy winters. There is no better way to start a chilly winter morning, than with a hearty breakfast of palak parathas, which is truly soul-satiating.
However, in order to taste the full flavour of this delicious meal, it must be cooked in the correct manner. But don't worry, we're here to show you how to make this delectable breakfast dish from start to finish, with all the necessary information.
Pro Tips To Keep In Mind
- Pluck each leaf of spinach and check for worms. Keep them in a large pot filled with water. Sprinkle some crystal salt on top and set alone for a while. This helps in the removal of pesticide residue. After that, rinse them in fresh water a few times.
- Instead of blanching palak, you can also use finely chopped palak while kneading a dough.
- Use the fresh spinach leaves for the best taste.
- Palak parathas taste great when roasted with ghee.
Mistakes To Avoid
- Do not over boil the spinach as it may lose its nutrients.
- Add an adequate amount of water while kneading the dough. Extra water can ruin the preparation of your perfect parathas.
- Don't store parathas for too long as they will lose their flavour that way. You can store the prepared dough in the refrigerator for upto 2 days in an airtight container. And whenever you want to eat them, cook it fresh and serve warm parathas.
Easy Tips And Tricks To Make Palak Paratha At Home
- 1 bunch spinach leaves / spinach
- 3 cup water
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 green chilli
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- water as required
- oil or ghee
How To Make The Palak Paratha Puree?
- In a large vessel, add enough water and let it boil. Then, add washed palak leaves and let it boil too.
- Now, transfer the blanched palak into blender water.
- Add ginger and chilli. Let them cool.
- Next, blend all together to make a smooth puree.
How To Knead The Perfect Dough?
- In a large bowl, take 2 cups of wheat flour.
- Add 1/2 tsp carom seeds/ ajwain, salt to taste and 2 tsp oil.
- Now, pour the prepared palak puree.
- Combine them well while making sure the palak puree is mixed uniformly.
- Add water as per requirement and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and soft.
- Grease the dough with a little amount of oil.
- Cover the dough with a moist cloth and leave aside for 30 minutes.
How To Make Methi Paratha?
- Take a medium sized ball dough from the prepared dough, roll and flatten it.
- Now, dust it with some wheat flour and further roll it into a thin circle like normal paratha.
- Place the paratha on a hot tawa and cook for a minute.
- When the base looks partly cooked, flip the palak paratha.
- Now, brush some oil or ghee on the front side and press slightly.
- Flip again and let it cook. Flip once or twice till both the sides look perfectly cooked.
- Serve healthy and tasty palak paratha with pickle, curd or raita.
We hope these tips and tricks will help you make the perfect and most delicious palak parathas.
For more such recipes and tips, stay tuned to HerZindagi!