Kheer is a staple Indian Dessert it is cooked on every special occasion by our moms and since Holi is coming soon, it will make the perfect time to make delicious kheer at home.
Therefore, we thought of bringing the easiest recipe of making kheer at home.
- Wash the rice and soak it in a bowl full of water for 30 minutes. And set it aside. Also, soak the nuts and chop them if required.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and pour some oil over it. Now add the milk and bring it to a boil. When the milk is ready drain the rice and then add them to the milk. Stir occasionally while cooking on medium flame. Cook till the time the rice is soft and you can crush it with a spoon.
- Add the sugar after the rice is cooked, you can go in and adjust the sweetness according to you. Cook the kheer on a low flame and keep scraping the sides. Let it thicken.
- Now add the nuts and cardamom powder. And stir, mixing it all nicely. If you've added raisins then do not cook beyond this point. Cover the kheer with a lid and let it surprise you. After it cools down, garnish with leftover dry fruits and rose petals and you're done!
Rice Kheer Recipe Card
Kheer is one of the go-to desserts in Indian kitchens, it is prepared by cooking rice in milk and adding to the goodness of this dish is the little sweetness and the dry fruits. Take a look at the recipe.
- Total Time :
- 60 min
- Preparation Time :
- 15 min
- Cooking Time :
- 45 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Poornima Pandey
- 1 liter Full Fat Milk
- 1/2 Cup Of Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1/4 Cup Rice
- Dried Rose Petals
- Step 1
- Soak the rice in a bowl for 30 minutes and chop the dry fruits.
- Step 2
- Boil milk in a pan and add the strained rice.
- Step 3
- Let the mixture thicken for some time while you stir occasionally. Add sugar and stir again.
- Step 4
- Then add dry fruits and give it a good mix.
- Step 5
- Take off from the gas and cool it down.
- Step 6
- Garnish with dry fruits and rose petals and serve!