Try This Easy Recipe Of Jackfruit Pickle/Kathal Achaar
If you are in mood for a tangy pickle, then try this jackfruit pickle.
We are all quite excited with the arrival of the winter season and this is the time to gorge on delicious pickles. So, we are here with a delicious recipe of kathal achaar/jackfruit pickles.
- To make the pickle, steam the chopped jackfruit.
- Add mango and salt. Mix well. Let it rest for 6-8 hours.
- Mix fennel and fenugreek seeds with oil,vinegar and mango-jackfruit mixture.
- Put it in an oiled and clean jar and put it in the sun for 1 month.
- Stir it at the intervals of 5-6 days.
- Once it is ready, store it in a cool and dry place.
Jackfruit Pickle Recipe Card
Try this easy recipe of jackfruit and mango pickle.
- Total Time :60 min
- Preparation Time : 50 min
- Cooking Time : 10 min
- Servings : 10
- Cooking Level : Low
- Course: Others
- Calories: 100
- Cuisine: Indian
- Author: Bhavishya Bir
- 250 Gm Grated raw Mango
- 500 Gm Cleaned And Chopped Jackfruit
- 2 Tbsp. Salt
- 6 Tbsp. Fenugreek Seeds (Coarsely Ground)
- 6 Tbsp. Fennel Seeds
- 3 Tsp. Nigella Seeds
- ¼ Cup Red Chilli Powder
- 3 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cups Mustard Oil
- Step 1 :
Start by steaming the jackfruit pieces for about 15 minutes or until they are soft.
- Step 2 :
Add grated mango and salt. Mix well.
- Step 3 :
Cover it and keep it under the sun for 6-8 hours.
- Step 4 :
Mix fennel and fenugreek seeds with oil,vinegar and mango-jackfruit mixture.
- Step 5 :
Now, transfer the mixture to an oiled & clean jar.
- Step 6 :
Close the lid of the jar tightly and keep it under the sun for 1 month.
- Step 7 :
Stir it well at intervals of 5-6 days with a clean and dry spoon.
- Step 8 :
Once ready, store it indoors in a cool dry place.