Those who love sweets and often have sweet cravings are ready to experiment most of the time. In case you have a soft spot for Bengali sweets then this nolen gurer sandesh or gur sandesh would definitely be a hit for you. It is healthier than the one with sugar any day. The Bengali sandesh is a melt in the mouth dessert which is fudgier than the sugar one.
How To Make Gur Sandesh
- Boil some milk and then turn it into cottage cheese with some lime.
- Keep stirring it as we need to separate the milk for our sweet.
- Strain it with a muslin cloth and then run it under some cold water to get rid of the lemon flavour.
- Again strain it out and try to squeeze out as much water as you can. But do not make it too dry.
- Once done, knead it and then add melted jaggery. Knead again to combine well.
- Then cook the dough on a ban but keep stirring for a few minutes.
- Let it all cool once done and add some ghee.
- Make the desired shapes and garnish with whatever dry fruits you want.
Nolen Gurer Sandesh Recipe Card
This is an easy recipe of a Bengali sweet that can be made by anyone.
- Total Time :
- 40 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 30 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Kishori Sud
- 2 Lt Whole Milk
- A Lemon
- Some Ghee
- 150 Gms Jaggery
- Step 1
- Heat the milk in a non-stick pan.
- Step 2
- When it comes to a boil, you have to separate it so add the juice of the lemon and stir continuously.
- Step 3
- Once you see the chenna forming, remove it from heat and drain it via a muslin cloth slowly and steadily. Now run it under cold water as we have to get rid of the lemon flavour. Squeeze out as much water but make sure the chenna gets not too dry in the cloth.
- Step 4
- Taking a clean bowl or paraat, knead the chenna for good 15 minutes to make it soft and smooth.
- Step 5
- Now, add the melted jaggery and knead again to make it smooth, combining it well.
- Step 6
- Take the kneaded dough and cook it while stirring constantly, in a non-stick pan on low heat.
- Step 7
- Once it looks cooked which should slightly brown, remove from heat and put the dough on the counter in a flat plate.
- Step 8
- Apply ghee on the flat vessel so that it does not stick to the bottom.
- Step 9
- Now, make the desired shapes or moulds with some ghee, garnish the sandesh with your favourite dry fruits and serve at room temperature.