Are you craving for some Indo-Chinese cuisine but don’t have paneer or Chicken at home? Don’t worry! We have got you an Indo-Chinese recipe that won’t require any of these. How? Because we are bringing a twist with our very own gobhi!
Chilli Gobhi is a truly delicious dish and also a hit among vegetarians and non-vegetarians equally. This fusion recipe has a crispy texture with a spicy, sweet and tangy taste. Who wouldn’t like that?
And do you know what the best part is? This super easy recipe can be cooked under 30 minutes. After all, gobhi is a very versatile vegetable which you can toss up with spices and sauces and voila, there you go!
So, what are you waiting for? Read on and try it yourself!
How To Make?
- Start with the batter for dipping gobhi florets by mixing maida, corn flour, ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder, and salt.
- Add water and whisk well until it becomes a smooth flowing consistency batter.
- Then, add the boiled gobhi (cauliflower) florets to the batter.
- In a kadhai, add cooking oil and let it heat.
- Evenly coat the cauliflower florets with the batter and fry them.
- Once they are golden, remove them and place them on a paper towel. Keep them aside.
- Next, add 2 teaspoons of cooking oil in a kadhai.
- Add ginger, garlic, spring onion and green chilli. Saute them.
- Add onion petals and cubed capsicum. Stir them continuously.
- Now, add tomato sauce, soy sauce, chilli sauce, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
- Put in the corn flour paste to the kadhai and give it a stir.
- Add cauliflower florets to the mix.
- Mix the ingredients and toss well.
- Serve the Chilli Gobhi hot with roti or garlic noodles and enjoy!
How To Make Chilli Gobhi Recipe Card
Chilli gobhi can make an awesome starter as well as a main course at family dinners or get-togethers!
- Total Time :
- 30 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Main Course
- Rashmeet Kaur
- 1 cup of boiled gobhi (cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup of maida (all-purpose flour)
- 2 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 1/4 capsicum (cubed)
- 1/2 onion (petals)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon of corn flour
- 1 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1-inch ginger
- 1 green chilli (slit)
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon of chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Water + Water as required (to boil and to prepare batter)
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Step 1
- First, take a large mixing bowl and add half a cup of maida, 1/4 cup of corn flour, 1 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder, and salt as per your liking.
- Step 2
- Then, mix the ingredients well, add water and then whisk well until it becomes a smooth flowing consistency batter.
- Step 3
- Now, add the boiled gobhi (cauliflower) florets to the batter.
- Step 4
- Simultaneously, take a kadhai and add cooking oil for deep frying.
- Step 5
- Now, after the florets are coated evenly with the batter, put them, one at a time, in the medium hot oil.
- Step 6
- Fry the florets on medium flame. Stir occasionally and make sure that they don’t stick to each other.
- Step 7
- Once you notice that the florets are golden and evenly fried, then, remove them from the kadhai with a slotted spoon and place them on a kitchen paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Step 8
- Next, heat 2 teaspoons of cooking oil in a kadhai.
- Step 9
- Then, add finely chopped ginger, garlic, spring onion and slit green chilli.
- Step 10
- Saute the ingredients till the raw aroma of both ginger and garlic goes away.
- Step 11
- Then, add onion petals and cubed capsicum. Stir them continuously until the vegetables slightly shrink.
- Step 12
- After that, lower the flame and add tomato sauce, soy sauce, chilli sauce, salt to taste and a pinch of sugar. Mix very well.
- Step 13
- Add corn flour paste (mix 1 teaspoon of corn starch with 2 tablespoons of water) to the kadhai and give it a stir. It will give the required thickness and shine to the dish.
- Step 14
- Once the paste begins to cook and turns translucent, add the gobhi florets that we fried earlier.
- Step 15
- Then, add finely chopped spring onions green.
- Step 16
- Now, increase the flame to medium-high. Mix the ingredients and toss well. Then, switch off the flame.
- Step 17
- Serve your delicious chilli gobhi hot with roti, garlic noodles or fried rice.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org