Keep Warm In Winters With This Homemade Hot And Sour Soup
This homemade hot and sour soup is ready at home using just a few simple kitchen ingredients.
There is nothing like enjoying a bowl of warm and delicious soup on a winter evening. Hot and sour is one of the most loved soups. Loaded with veggies, this spicy and sour soup is just the perfect appetizer before having your main course meal.
You can prepare this delicious soup at home using a few ingredients and it will taste as amazing as what you enjoy at your favourite restaurant.
How To Make Hot And Sour Soup?
- Finely chop all the vegetables - cabbage, green beans, carrot, capsicum.
- In a bowl, add cornflour and water. Mix well. Keep aside.
- In a pan, add some oil and onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add chopped ginger, garlic. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the pan and mix well.
- Add water or vegetable stock to the pan.
- Sprinkle salt as per taste.
- Add soy sauce and chilli sauce. Stir.
- Pour in the cornflour and water mixture.
- Sprinkle black pepper powder as per taste.
- Let the soup cook over medium flame for a few minutes.
- Lastly, add vinegar and mix well.
- Turn off flame.
- Garnish hot and sour soup with green onions and enjoy.
Hot And Sour Soup Recipe Card
Spicy and warm, this delicious soup is just the perfect appetizer.
- Total Time :30 min
- Preparation Time : 10 min
- Cooking Time : 20 min
- Servings : 5
- Cooking Level : Medium
- Course: Soup
- Calories: 75
- Cuisine: Indian
- Author: Tanya Malik
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onions
- 1 Tsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 Tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cabbage
- 2-3 Tbsp Chopped Green Beans
- 2-4 Tbsp Chopped Carrot
- 2-4 Tbsp Chopped Capsicum
- Water As Required
- 5 Tbsp Cornflour
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Chilli Sauce
- Black Pepper Powder To Taste
- 1/2 Tsp Vinegar
- Salt To Taste
- Oil As Required
- Vegetable Stock (Optional)
- Step 1 :
Finely chop all the vegetables and keep aside.
- Step 2 :
Prepare a slurry by mixing cornflour and water.
- Step 3 :
In a pan, add some oil and onions. Saute.
- Step 4 :
Add chopped garlic and ginger.
- Step 5 :
Next add finely chopped vegetables and water.
- Step 6 :
Add in soy sauce and chilli sauce.
- Step 7 :
Next add cornflour mixture.