Sweet and savoury Korean caramel popcorns are one of the most popular dishes across the world. It involves very readily available ingredients and very simple culinary skills.
So, let's treat ourselves and see how this dish is prepared.
Korean caramel bread popcorn Recipe Card
Korean bread popcorns are made by roasting and caramelising bread cubes. They are staple breakfast option not only in Korean but in a lot of other places. Let's check out how this simple dish can be prepared.
- Total Time :
- 30 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Poornima Pandey
- 2 -3 Thick white bread loaves
- 6 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 6 Tablespoons Milk
- Step 1
- Take the bread loaves and cut small cubes out of them.
- Step 2
- Roast the bread cubes on a medium flame, inside a nonstick pan, only until it turns golden and crispy. Make sure not to overcook.
- Step 3
- Then, in a different pan, pour water and the sugar. Let it simmer until it turns golden (stir occasionally).
- Step 4
- Once the sugar turns golden, add the butter and milk. And start stirring continuously until a thick consistency is achieved.
- Step 5
- Once the caramel syrup starts looking a little brown and pourable, add the roasted bread cubes in to it.
- Step 6
- Coat the bread cubes with caramel, by completely dipping it in the syrup.
- Step 7
- Finally, lay the caramel coated popcorns on a butter paper to cool down.
- Step 8
- Enjoy this dish with milk as breakfast and start your day with a kiss of sweetness.