Navratri has begun and the fasting time is here. If you are hunting for a good recipe for lunch or dinner these days then here is a truly scrumptious and nutritious recipe of paneer makhana for you.
How To Make
This recipe is very simple and is prepared like any other curry.
- Roast the fox nuts or phool makhana.
- Prepare the masala with ginger, garlic, tomatoes and salt by sauteing them and then blend them into a paste.
- Splutter cumin seeds, mix in dhania powder, turmeric, red chilli with the paste.
- Add the paneer and makhaana.
- Season with kasuri methi, coriander leaves, garam masala, fresh cream and serve hot.
Paneer Makhana Recipe Card
This is a simple recipe and tastes amazing, apt for Navratre!
- Total Time :
- 40 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 30 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Main Course
- Kishori Sud
- 200 Gms Paneer
- 2 Cups Lotus Seeds Or Makhana
- Ghee For Cooking As Per Taste
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Inc Ginger Chopped
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Onion (Optional)
- Salt As Per Taste
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp Dhania Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Haldi
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Kasuri Methi 1/4 Tsp
- Fresh Cream As Per Taste
- Coriander Leaves For Garnishing
- Step 1
- Roast the makhana in some ghee in a non-stick until crisp, and set aside.
- Step 2
- In the same pan, heat little more ghee and saute the onion (optional), tomato, chilli, salt, ginger and garlic and then let it cool.
- Step 3
- Once it cools down, blend the mixture to make a paste, add in some water for the required consistency.
- Step 4
- Add a little more ghee to the pan and splutter the cumin seeds.
- Step 5
- Add the paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Step 6
- Add a bit more water and then fold in the paneer and the makhana.
- Step 7
- Sprinkle kasuri methi, garam masala, fresh cream and mix well.
- Step 8
- Serve with a little seasoning of chopped dhania leaves.