Easy Sabudana Or Tapioca Pearls Khichdi Recipe
Kishori Sud15 Oct 2018, 13:48 IST
Sabudana or Tapioca Pearls Khichdi Recipe
- 1 cup = 255 ML
- 1 cup sabudana
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp jeera
- 3 tsp green chilli
- 1 aloo chopped
- 3 tbsp peanuts crushed
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- Firstly, in a large bowl soak 1 cup sabudana in enough water for 3 hours or till it gets mashed up easily. depending on the quality of sabudana increase or decrease the soaking time.
- Prepare the tempering by heating 2 tbsp ghee in a kadai (heavy bottomed pan).
- Next, add in 1 tsp jeera and saute till they turn aromatic.
- Add 3 slit green chilli, and ½ chopped potato.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in drained sabudana along with crushed peanuts salt.
- Combine well making sure not to mash the sabudana.
- Cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until sabudana gets cooked.
- Sabudana has cooked completely indicated by the pearls turning translucent.
- Add in 1 tbsp coriander leaves and half lemon juice. Mix well.
- Finally, serve sabudana khichdi for breakfast or as a snack.