This quick fritter which has many names be it moong dal pakora, moong dal vada, or Ram ladoo is made using soaked and ground moong dal mixed with herbs and spices. I have made the basic recipe but you can always tweak it as per taste. Add a pinch of hing if you like. It is very heavy as one serving of the pakoda is 150 calories but once in a while, it is fine to treat your taste buds to something greasy. However, go easy on them. Make the chutney of your choice and a chai with ingredients as per mood and enjoy! All you have to do is mix all ingredients and use small quantities of the batter for each vada. Fry but leave your calorie guilt outside the kitchen.
Moong Dal Pakoda Or Vada Recipe Card
This is a super easy snack recipe which is heavy but delicious and crispy.
- Total Time :
- 20 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 10 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Kishori Sud
- 2 Cups Moong Dal
- 120 Ml Water
- 6 Tbsp Rice Flour
- 3 Finel Chopped Green Chillies
- 2 Inches Finely Chopped Ginger
- 4 Tbsp Finely Chopped Onions
- 3 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tsp Jeera
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- Oil For Frying
- Step 1
- Soak the moong dal for 4 hours in a bowl.
- Step 2
- Next, drain the water and blend in a grinder to make a paste. Transfer in a bowl.
- Step 3
- In the same bowl, add the rice flour, chillies, onion, ginger, coriander, salt and jeera. Mix thoroughly.
- Step 4
- Next, add in the baking soda and mix.
- Step 5
- Once the batter is ready, dip your hands in water and then start taking some quantity and drop it in the heated oil one by one.
- Step 6
- Lower the flame to medium and stir every now and then so that the batter doesn't stick to the bottom and all sides cook evenly.
- Step 7
- Fry until golden brown.
- Step 8
- Drain off once done on a kitchen towel and then serve all with chutney of your choice.