There are days when we just want to relish some ghar ka khaana. Let's be honest, there is nothing better than having fresh, fluffy rotis, homemade sabzi and some pickle. For days like these, we want something as comforting as aloo gobi.
One of the most loved main dishes in India, this is a light, delicious sabzi prepared using potatoes and cauliflower. We often also order this main dish at the dhaba or restaurant when we miss that homemade food feel.
This time we thought of bringing you an easy aloo gobi recipe.
How To Make Aloo Gobi?
- In a pan, add chopped cauliflower or gobi, water and some salt. Bring to boil.
- Cover the pan and let the cauliflower blanch for a few minutes.
- Wash potatoes and peel. Cut into wedges.
- In a kadhai, add some ghee.
- Add potato wedges and saute.
- Next add in blanched cauliflower.
- Keep stirring.
- Add chopped ginger, salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Combine well so that the spices cover the cauliflower and potatoes well.
- Stir and cover for a few minutes till the veggies soften.
- Once soft, sprinkle garam masala over the sabzi. Stir.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Aloo gobi is ready. Serve with roti or paratha.
Aloo Gobi Recipe Card
Simple and tasty, this aloo gobi recipe is a must try!
- Total Time :
- 30 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Main Course
- Tanya Malik
- Oil As Required
- 1 Cauliflower
- 5 - 6 Potatoes
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt As Required
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- Chopped Coriander Leaves For Garnish
- Step 1
- Wash cauliflower and chop into small pieces. Blanch.
- Step 2
- Wash, peel potatoes and cut them into wedges.
- Step 3
- In a pan, add some ghee.
- Step 4
- Add in cauliflower and potatoes. Stir.
- Step 5
- Add ginger, salt, red chilli and turmeric powder. Combine well.
- Step 6
- Cover for a few minutes till the veggies soften.
- Step 7
- Sprinkle garam masala. Garnish with coriander leaves. Enjoy!