Chai time is incomplete without some snacks. Rusks have always been my personal favourite. This time, I thought of bringing you a recipe of crunchy and tasty cake rusks. Cake rusks are a lot softer than regular rusks and taste great.
You can prepare these rusks in a large quantity and store them in an air-tight container for longer use.
How To Make Cake Rusk At Home?
- First, preheat your oven to 180 degree celsius.
- In a big bowl, sieve, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, add butter, sugar and mix well till the mixture turns fluffy.
- Break in the eggs and beat the mix well.
- Mix egg mixture with flour mixture.
- Add in vanilla extract and some milk. Combine well.
- Grease the mould with butter.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake the batter in the oven for 30 minutes at 180 degree celsius.
- Remove the rusk from the oven and slice it into small pieces.
- On a baking tray, place all the rusks and bake for 30 minutes till they become crisp.
- Remove from oven and let them cool.
- Serve and store the rest in an air-tight container.
Cake Rusk Recipe Card
Crispy and tasty, this cake rusk perfectly complements your cup of tea.
- Total Time :
- 70 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 60 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour Or Maida
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Butter
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Step 2
- In a big bowl, sieve flour, salt and baking powder.
- Step 3
- In another bowl, add butter, sugar and eggs. Mix well till the mixture turns fluffy.
- Step 4
- Add in vanilla extract, salt and milk. Combine everything.
- Step 5
- Cut into small pieces and place on a baking tray.
- Step 6
- Bake till the rusks turn crisp.
- Step 7
- Remove from the oven and cool. Store in an air-tight container.