Traditional Rajasthani sweet, ghevar is relished all over India during the monsoon season. This disc-shaped sweet cake loaded with malai, dry fruits is a much loved sweet. Do you know you can make it at home too? Yes, we thought of bringing you an instant and easy bread ghevar recipe for you.
If you like preparing traditional sweets at home, this one recipe is a must-try.
How To Make Bread Ghevar At Home?
- Cut bread edges and using a cutter or small bowl or lid, cut from the center to make a hole.
- Spread butter or ghee on the round bread slices and keep aside.
- On a hot non-stick pan, roast the bread slices. Use more butter or ghee as required. Take off the flame once brown and crispy.
- In a saucepan, add milk, sugar powder, cardamom powder, saffron strands. Heat till the milk reduces to half like rabri. Make sure you cook on low flame.
- Using a spoon, layer the rabri on the bread slices.
- Top with chopped dry fruits. Enjoy!
Bread Ghevar Recipe Card
This bread ghevar can be prepared at home without using any fancy ingredients.
- Total Time :
- 40 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 30 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 4-6 Bread Slices
- 1 Glass Milk
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- Saffron Strands
- Butter Or Ghee As Required
- 2 Tbsp Milk Powder
- Dry Fruits
- Step 1
- Cut off the edges of the bread slices and using a lid or bowl, make a small hole in the center.
- Step 2
- Spread ghee or butter on the bread slices and keep aside.
- Step 3
- Roast the bread slices on a non-stick pan till golden and crisp.
- Step 4
- In a saucepan, add milk, powdered sugar, milk powder, cardamom powder, saffron strands. Cook till reduces to half.
- Step 5
- Layer bread slices with rabri and garnish with dry fruits. Enjoy!