Banana chips are a popular snack option in South India which is made from raw banana or kachcha kela. Over the years, banana chips are also winning the hearts and consumed in north India too. In fact, they are considered as a healthy snack option that can be accompanied by a cup of masala tea or coffee. In monsoons especially, these snacks are something you need to have at your place for munching and enjoying the view of the rains. Let’s have a look at the quick recipe.
Banana Chips Recipe Card
This crispy banana chips recipe is easy to prepare and great for munching.
- Total Time :
- 20 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 10 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Archana Kasana
- 2 Large Raw Bananas
- 1 Tsp Rock Salt
- ½ Tsp Turmeric
- 3-4 Cups Of Water
- 4-5 Tbsp Of Vegetable Or Coconut Oil
- Step 1
- Take the bananas and start with carefully peeling off the skin.
- Step 2
- Once the skin is removed completely, take some oil in your palms if your hands feel sticky.
- Step 3
- Now take the peeled bananas and slice them into thick pieces.
- Step 4
- Put the slices of the banana in a bowl and add rock salt and turmeric.
- Step 5
- Now add water to the bowl containing bananas and mix well.
- Step 6
- Then drain off the water from the banana completely.
- Step 7
- Put a pan on the heat and add oil for deep frying the chips.
- Step 8
- Put the chips in the hot oil one by one to avoid sticking and fry them on medium to low flame.
- Step 9
- Cook the chips for 5-10minutes on one side and then flip them on the other side.
- Step 10
- Put tissue paper on a serving plate and transfer the chips onto it.
- Step 11
- Your banana chips are ready; enjoy them with a cup of tea or coffee.