Diwali is just here and we are sure you all are busy with the preps. Well, the celebrations are incomplete without sweets. If you have been looking for some easy sweet recipes which require no fancy ingredients then you have landed on the right page. Here, we thought of bringing you some easy to make sweet recipes for Diwali.
These are ideal sweets if you don't wish to use too many ingredients. Using a few ingredients avaialble at home, you can easily prepare these traditional sweets. Read on for the recipes.
Rava Ladoo Or Suji Ladoo
Image courtesy: simmertoslimmer.com
This ladoo recipe can be easily prepared using a few ingredients available at home.
- 1 Cup Rava Or Suji
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Ghee
- Handful Of Dry Fruits
- 1/4 Cup Dessicated Coconut
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/4 Cup Water
- In a pan, add ghee and dry fruits. Fry till golden brown and then transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan, add rava or suji and roast on low flame. Keep roasting till the colour changes to light brown. Turn off flame.
- In another pan, add water and sugar and boil.
- Add sugar syrup to rava mixture and stir well.
- Next, add roasted dry fruits to the mixture and stir continuously.
- Let the mix cool. Start making ladoos and keep in an air tight container. These ladoos can be consumed for 2 weeks.
Image courtesy: indiamart.com
An easy way to use all those almond boxes at home is by turning them into delicious sweet. This recipe uses just 4 ingredients and turns really tasty.
- 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Ghee as required
- In a pan, add water and almonds. Cook for a few minutes and then rinse.
- Remove the peel of all the almonds and place in a grinder. Make a coarse paste and keep aside.
- In a pan, add sugar and water Let it dissolve.
- Next, add almond mixture to it and keep cooking.
- When the mixture is still warm, using some ghee in hand, make a dough of it.
- On a tray, spread some ghee evenly and then flatten the almond dough over it.
- Let the dough set and then cut into pieces. Store in an air tight container.
Kaju Peanut Barfi
Image courtesy: thesouthern.com
If you are bored with the regular kaju barfi then add a twist to it by adding peanuts to the mix. Here is an easy recipe for kaju peanut barfi.
- 250 grams raw peanut
- 50 gram milk powder
- 100 grams water
- 200 gram sugar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- In a pan, dry roast dry peanuts. If you are able to remove its peel and it feels crispy then it's time to take it off the flame.
- Let the peanuts cool and then take off all the peel.
- In a grinder, add peanuts and turn into a powder.
- Transfer peanut powder to a bowl and add milk powder to it.
- In a pan, add water and sugar. Cook till sugar dissolves completely.
- Add peanut and milk powder mix to the kadhai and cook well.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and stir again.
- Transfer the mixture to a tray and spread evenly. Cut them into squares or triangles, any shape of your choice, and serve!
It is believed that offering white sweets to Maa Lakshmi on the day of Diwali is considered auspicious and all these 3 sweets can be good options to offer as bhog. If you are trying any special recipes this Diwali then do share them with us. For more such stories on food and Diwali, stay tuned!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com