Amla or Indian gooseberry is one of the most loved winter foods. Amla is available in abundance during the winter season. To make the most of this highly nutritious fruit, it is crucial to add it to our daily diet.
Rich in vitamin C, amla has multiple health benefits. If you are wondering what can be an interesting way of making it a part of your diet then try making amla parathas. Yes, tangy amlas can be turned into delicious parathas for breakfast.
How To Make Amla Paratha?
- Begin with washing and grating amlas.
- Finely grate amla and keep aside.
- Grate ginger and garlic and add to the grated amla.
- Next chop some chillies and add to the mixture.
- Add chopped coriander leaves to the mix.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper powder and carom seeds as per taste.
- Take a small portion of dough and stuff it with amla filling.
- Roll thick using a rolling pin.
- On a hot tawa, spread some oil and place the paratha.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown.
- Take off flame and add a dollop of butter. Enjoy!
Amla Paratha Recipe Card
These healthy parathas can be relished for breakfast.
- Total Time :
- 30 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 4-5 Amla Or Indian Gooseberry
- Salt To Taste
- Handful Of Coriander Leaves
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Inch Ginger
- Black Pepper Powder As Per Taste
- Carom Seeds Or Ajwain As Per Taste
- Oil As Required
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- Step 1
- Wash and grate amla. Add to a bowl.
- Step 2
- Add in chopped coriander leaves, green chillies.
- Step 3
- Next add mashed garlic and ginger.
- Step 4
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper powder and carom seeds. Combine all ingredients well.
- Step 5
- Take a small portion of wheat dough and stuff with amla filling. Cook paratha on medium flame till golden brown.
- Step 6
- Top with butter. Enjoy.