Amla or Indian gooseberry is believed to have numerous health benefits. Amla is widely avaialble during the winter season. This is the best time to consume it and enjoy all its amazing benefits.
An easy way to add amla to your diet is by consuming this homemade jam. This amla jam is highly nutritious and an easy way to add amla to your daily diet. You can layer this healthy and tasty jam on your bread toast and have it for breakfast. Read on for a quick recipe.
Amla Jam Recipe Recipe Card
This amla jam can be prepared at home using just 4 ingredients.
- Total Time :
- 20 min
- Preparation Time :
- 5 min
- Cooking Time :
- 15 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 500 Grams Amla
- 500 Grams Sugar
- 3-4 Cardamom
- 2 Inch Cinnamon
- Step 1
- In a pan, add amla, water and cover it with lid. Cook the amla on low heat, till it becomes soft.
- Step 2
- If you feel the gooseberries are still hard after a while, add more water to it.
- Step 3
- Take out the amlas and keep in a bowl.
- Step 4
- After the amla cools down, take out the seeds.
- Step 5
- In a blender, add amla and make a paste.
- Step 6
- In another pan, add amla paste and sugar. Cook on medium heat. The gooseberries will soon change their colour.
- Step 7
- Next, grind cardamom and cinnamon, add this to the paste. Amla jam is ready.
- Step 8
- Store amla jam in a glass container and you can use it for a couple of months.