Learn How To Track Early Signs Of Breast Cancer With Dr Sonia Rawat
Kishori Sud10 Jan 2019, 17:35 IST
Dr Sonia Rawat, Director, Department of Preventive Health & Wellness, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, has dolled out tips for you so that you can check on the early signs of breast cancer which most of us ignore.
What Are The Early Signs of Breast Cancer?
- It is important to know what they are so that you can quickly visit your doctor and try to get the investigations which are necessary for it, to be done at the proper time.
- Now, if you are getting any problem with your skin, like swelling of the skin or any lump in the breast tissue or any lump in your armpit, then you have to go and see your doctor. This lump normally should disappear once you start your menstruation, but, if it persists, then you have to go to the doctor.
- Apart from this lump, if you notice the skin of the breast tissue that is a cause of concern.
- If the breast tissue's shape changes, example size of the breast differs from one another or any other changes that you see, then you must visit a doctor.
- If you notice any change in the nipple, like a pain in the nipple or nipples, are turning inwards, then its a red flag again and you need to see a doctor.
- Any nipple discharge is a cause of worry. Apart from the milk discharge that you normally get when you are breastfeeding your child, that is a cause of worry, then you must go and see the doctor.
- Any changes in the size of the nipple is also a cause of worry.
- Thickening of the nipple skin is a red flag.
Self-examine your breasts at home. See them in the mirror, because you are the first person who is going to report these symptoms to the doctor.