Consumption of a high-protein diet is necessary for a healthy body as they can make up your skin, organs, and muscles. Protein is an essential nutrient for our bodies, thus we must consume plenty of it. Proteins help with the development of muscle mass, strength, and metabolic rate. It can also help you shed weight.
A high-protein recipe of seed crackers was shared by celebrity dietician Pooja Makhija. Sharing the recipe on instagram, she wrote, "Let’s do some #weekendcooking for some healthy munchies to snack on through the week."
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Sunflower Seeds
- Flax Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Cajun Spice (optional)
- Chili Flakes
- Chickpea Flour
- Olive Oil
- Mix all the dry ingredients well.
- Then, add enough warm water to make a dough.
- Place the dough between the two parchment papers and roll it into 0.5cm thickness.
- Remove top layer and bake at 180c for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Your crunchy Seed Crackers are ready.
View this post on Instagram
This recipe is a good snack to munch at any time of day. Every ingredient in this recipe is excellent for health. Take a look at health benefits of the ingredients used to make Seed Crackers:
- Pumpkin Seeds: Pumpkin seed is known to be an amazing eating option as it is loaded with nutrients that your body needs for proper functioning. They can help in boosting immunity, regulate blood pressure level, boost energy, etc.
- Sunflower Seeds: Sunflower seeds are high in nutrients and provide a variety of health benefits, including lowering blood pressure, relaxing blood vessels, reducing bad cholesterol, encouraging the creation of HDL or good cholesterol, and reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Flax Seeds: Flax seeds are powerhouses of nutrients and micronutrients that not only support and boost our health, but are also beneficial to your skin. They can also give your skin a natural healthy glow in a short amount of time, making it clearer and brighter.
- Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds are abundant in magnesium, which may help lower the blood pressure. Furthermore, their antioxidants can help to minimize plaque development, which is beneficial to cardiovascular health.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids and minerals including calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium, which are all important for bone health.
All these ingredients when combined together to make seed crackers, it becomes a healthy treat.
I hope you will like this story.
Share your thoughts with us by commenting on our Facebook page.
For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org