One of the most commonly found marigold flower has many surprising benefits, especially for the skin. While it can be used is several different ways, prepping a face pack to combat dryness and acne seems to be the best option. Many of us are not aware of the fact that the marigold flower has been highly valued as herbal healers, according to a media report. Also known as calendula, these are extremely useful for medicinal purposes such as headaches, toothache, swelling, and strengthening the heart. And since the beautiful flower holds the capacity to enhance the quality of our skin, why wait to learn the simple homemade recipe of making marigold face pack.
Things You Will Need
- 2-3 marigold flower
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sandalwood powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- Using hand, separate petals and remove leaves of the marigold flowers.
- Take a bowl, put all the petals in there. Using a large spoon crush until the petals starting coming together as a paste. Sprinkle 2-3 drops of water to smoothen the consistency.
- With the help of a cotton cloth or filter strain petal paste to extract the nutritious juice. Keep pressing it until all the water comes out completely.
- In a separate bowl, add gram flour (besan), a few drops of olive oil, and mix well to remove lumps in the gram flour. Add sandalwood powder, honey, and milk to the gram flour paste. Mix well making a thick paste.
- The consistency should be sticky. Test using a spoon. If the paste stick in the back of the spoon, then the consistency is fine. Otherwise, add a little bit more gram flour.
- Now, add the prepared marigold flower juice to it. Mix well and leave for a minute or two.
- Next, add a few drops of rose water. Keep mixing until you get the desired consistency. If the pack turns too thick, dilute by adding a spoon full of milk.
- The pack is ready. Place for an hour in the refrigerator before applying.
How To Apply
- First thing first, in order to obtain the maximum benefits of this profitable face mask clear the pores using an exfoliating face scrub. Apply the scrub in circular motions.
- Wash your face from ice-cold water.
- Take out the marigold flower face pack from the refrigerator. Mix a little bit before starting to apply.
- Using a flat brush or the back of the spoon, begin applying the pack on your face.
- First the checks, then move up, towards the forehead. Cover your nose and then come down towards the chin and the neck. Leave your lips and eyes while applying.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and allow the pack to dry naturally. Lie-down and let your skin to obtain the nutrition.
- Take two cotton pieces, dip in rose water, and keep it on your eyelids.
- Once done, wash the mask off, using ice-cold water.
- Take a towel and pat dry our face. Just dab your skin. Never go harsh on your skin.
- For best results use this face pack 1-2 times in a week to get rid of acne and dry patches of the skin.