Holi 2022 was a blast! Well, after multiple lockdowns due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we finally got to celebrate the festival of colours in its true essence, with some precautions of course!
Whether in a big Holi bash or just with your family, if you have played Holi with those chemical-laden colours, then you are on the path of ruining your hair. This is when your post-Holi hair care steps in.
So, here is a list of everything you must do pre-celebrations and a list of post-Holi hair care tips so that your mane does not suffer.
Agnes Chen, Technical Head, Streax Professional, told HerZindagi, “The festival of colours - Holi is much awaited in India. People celebrate this festival with a lot of joy and energy. Having said that, it's very important to protect your hair and tresses from the harmful effect of the colours."
Pre-Holi Hair Care
- Play with eco-friendly, organic, natural, and gentle Holi colours.
- To protect your hair. Apply oil on your hair generously. This ensures that the hair is protected from the harmful effects of the colour.
- After oiling the hair, tie the hair into a neat style. This could either be a tight braid or a bun. Ensure that the hair is pulled back from the face.
Post-Holi Hair Care
- After playing Holi, shampoo your hair with a moisturizing shampoo twice to remove all the colour from the hair and scalp.
- It is necessary to use a conditioner post the shampoo.
- Dry your hair naturally for best results.
Post-Holi Hair Care Packs
Now before you shampoo, there are a few hair packs that you can apply so that your tresses do not suffer.
Methi Seeds Pack
In 4 tablespoons of curd, soak a tablespoon of methi or fenugreek seeds - try to do so a night before and then apply the ground paste on your scalp. Keep it for minimum 30 minutes and then, wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo.
First use mild water to wash off and then a second round with shampoo.
After washing your hair, apply lemon juice to the scalp and strands. This helps in restoring essential acid-alkaline balance in your hair and scalp.
Apply hair oil after the hair dries. This step is good for extra hydration as your hair may have dried due to the colours. It simply adds moisture.
Are you going to try these tips? Do share your thoughts with us on our Facebook page. For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com