We love and enjoy the monsoon season, and wait for the rains to get our hands on crispy snacks and masala chai. But, the only down part about this season is the skin and hair issues that we have to deal with. The high humidity content in the air during Monsoons, often lead to dull and lifeless tresses and result in even worse problems like dandruff and hair fall. But don’t worry, we have come up with a simple DIY home remedy shared by Celebrity nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar that can keep your hair issues at bay, and help you revive the natural shine of your tresses.
Recently, the renowned nutritionist took to her Instagram handle and shared a powerful hair oil concoction to make your hair look and feel strong from within. “Shampoo companies even make special ads to lure us into buying their products. But chill, Mother Nature has already sorted this stuff out for us,” Rujuta wrote on her post.
What Will You Need?
- Vala (vetiver or khus roots)
- Goonja seeds (rosary pea)
- Tulsi along with its beej or seeds.
How To Prepare?
- Take a glass bottle with a broad bottom.
- Put 2-3 vala roots, 1-2 tulsi stocks, 1-2 goonja seeds, and put them in the bottle.
- Pour coconut or mustard oil into the bottle and leave it to soak in the herbs for 48 hrs.
How To Apply?
- Take the oil which has been soaked for 48 hours, put it on your palms, and massage it on your scalp.
- Make sure to apply the oil in a circular motion to boost blood circulation.
- Leave the oil on overnight and wash. No need for a conditioner. Use the weather and not the blower to dry.
- Leave yourself impressed and find yourself so beautiful.
Let’s look at some of the Benefits Of This Oil:
- This oil contains Vetiver or khus roots, which has many beneficial health and medicinal properties and uses. It has been used in many hair and skincare products and home remedies for ages.
- Vetiver helps to combat dandruff which can occur due to dry scalp and humidity in the air. It moisturizes the scalp and prevents dryness and itchiness.
- The important nutrients present in the vetiver are great for preventing various hair infections and boost collagen formation.
- Vetiver also helps with rejuvenating your dull and lifeless tresses and improves the overall texture of your hair.
- Tulsi and Goonja seeds on the other hand prevent hair fall and vanish dandruff. Hair oil prepared with these powerful ingredients can revive the hair follicles, provide strength to the roots and prevent hair loss. The oil made from tulsi and goonja seeds also boosts blood circulation on your scalp and keeps it cool and healthy.
We hope you found this article useful stay tuned to herzindagi for more such stories.