Ever wondered how many chemicals you’re swallowing by putting toxic lipsticks on your lips? According to studies, lipstick contains 75% of lead which is harmful for our health. It can cause fatigue, hearing loss, seizures, miscarriages, anemia, etc. So, for your own sake, ditch those toxic lipsticks and make your own lip chap this lipstick day! Here's how you can create them.
- 1 tsp carnauba wax
- 1 tsp rice bran wax
- 1 tsp candelilla wax
- 3 tsp shea butter
- 2 tsp camellia seed oil
- 1 tsp natural colour
- A lipstick mold
- A Lipstick tube
- Melt the wax, shea butter and carrier oil in a double boiler over medium heat.
- Stir in optional colouring.
- Once it is done, remove it from the heat and quickly add a drop of essential oil for fragrance and nourishment.
- Pour into lip balm sticks and let it cool.
- 2 tsp almond oil
- 1 tsp beeswax
- 1 tsp shea butter
- 2 drops of essential oil. Pick any essential oil as per your choice.
- A Lipstick tube
- 8 tsp beetroot powder
- Melt the wax, carrier oil and shea butter using double boiler method.
- Stir in beetroot powder.
- Once it is done, remove it from the heat and quickly add a few drops of essential oil for fragrance and nourishment.
- Next, pour the mixture into the lip chap using a dropper and let it cool for 15 minute-30 minutes.
- A crayon
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp olive oil
- A lipstick tube
- Choose your colours! Pick one shade that you love or mix it up to the desired shade.
- Chop the crayon and melt it using double boiler method.
- Once it’s done, add coconut oil and olive oil to it. Stir it continuously.
- Using spoon or dropper, pour the mixture into your lipstick mold. Freeze it for 15 minutes.
So, ditch those toxic lipsticks and pamper your lips with these homemade lipsticks. Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such articles.