Ancient Egyptians kept their skin vibrant and flawless with Moringa Oil. And this old-school beauty secret has made a big comeback now. A facial oil is not one of those skin care products which are meant only for dry skin. Anyone can use facial oils as a beneficial part of their skin care routine. These oils can also boost your skin’s natural glow and keep it better protected against damaging free radicals.
1. Packed with antioxidants, facial oils slow down aging. If you are affected by sun damage and dryness, try oils with primrose, vitamin E as ingredients in it. After washing your face at night, dabbing a tiny bit of your preferred oil to the forehead, each cheek, nose, and chin can be beneficial.
2. Cold temperature, cranked-up heaters suck out the moisture from the skin. Oils are the ideal for dry, flaky skin and rough, rosy cheeks and they can be better than the standard over-the-counter lotions and creams.
3. Facial oils are high in skin-identical ingredients. They work with your skin, not against it. The outermost layers of your skin are oil-based, which makes a facial oil the perfect treatment. These top layers are primarily composed of fatty acids, cholesterol, and ceramides, all of which can be found in natural oils.
4. Higher-end oils such as macadamia, jojoba, and camellia pull out grime and fats from pores and make them appear smaller and less noticeable. However, the oils readily available at the grocery store can give you clogged, puffed-out pores, so consult with your dermatologist before trying just any old oil.
Image courtesy: thetoastedpinenut.com
5. The outermost layers of skin are oil-based which keeps your skin safe from germs and dehydration. You can think of your skin as the shield of your body. It is this shield that the facial oils protect.
6. Perfect primer for makeup. It also gives an immediate plumping effect and creates the perfect canvas for your make-up — and the smoother your skin, the better your whole face will look.
7. They can calm down rashes as they have anti-inflammatory properties. Argan and yangu oils are the best options for the anti-aging regime due to ingredients like retinol and alphahydroxy acids. Geranium oil is also good at reducing redness.